Saturday, September 14, 2013

Took a brief detour from the book to make a piece for the “Searle in America" fundraiser auction! This piece will go live next week on ebay. Hopefully it’s an obvious homage to Searle himself and is titled "Fancy Rat" (you rat enthusiasts get the pun I hope!). It’s the first time I’ve used my pen and inks in about a decade. X_x


Lots of catching up to do on the book now. Unfortunately we suffered the loss of one of our favorite furry kids this week, that being miss Rocket. Her health was declining for weeks and she needed a lot of nursing, so it wasn't sudden like poor Porkchop's passing, but all the same we are still in a state of mourning for her and things have slowed down a bit. I think the next book illustration will be about her, considering she is still on my mind quite a bit these days. 

1 comment:

Britni Brault said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.
This "Searle in America" auction piece is so great!