Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GUYS. YOU GUYS. I MADE A MUPPET.





Not an official one of course! This is Marcus and he's the result of the first day's endeavors at Puppet School! It was taught by the amazing Michael Earl (or the front end of Mr. Snuffleupagus and Slimey the Worm to us children of the 80's.) It was a 3 day intensive workshop and the other 2 days were spent learning choreography and getting used to the horrific reality of working in front of a backwards mirror, aka a live television monitor. I am not much of a performer but I had fun, despite all of the soreness and sweat! I hope to be able to do the advanced puppet making courses someday and make more elaborate critters.


Check it, that's Michael Earl and his puppet, Bruno! Michael was the front end of Snuffleupagus, Slimey the Worm, Forgettful Jones and many other Muppets back in the 80's. He was an amazing teacher and had the patience of a saint with my bungling of the choreography! I may or may not post the skits that I performed. I'm not exactly comfortable with being on camera!

4 comments:

Helena Reyero said...

haha! so cute!

the puppet too ^^

Manoj Singh said...

Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site!

Outsource eBook Publishing to India - http://www.dataentryhelp.com/outsource-ebook-publishing-to-india.htm

Kimberland said...

THIS IS AWESOME STEPH!!!

Manoj Singh said...

That's great Muppet!

Load Junction, load matching Services, Find Truck Loads, Find Freight and Trucks