Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thank you to everyone who shared good thoughts about my Dad! He is recovering just fine and is already his old self again. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome for all of this. :)

To continue with happier thoughts, here are some more critters from a while back!

The skinny eel-like thing is a character from Asian mythology who is said to have birthed the Milky Way by swimming across the sky. The fatty lump over there is Abaia, a Melanesian river god of sorts who protects all of the fish in lakes in rivers. And the goldfish is a goldfish ^_~



Here are some random myths, one of my favorites being the Salmon of Wisdom! He lives in a well in Ireland and if you can catch and eat him, you will gain its knowledge.



And finally, something out of my own head, the FumbleBuck. This is what happens when you combine a bumble bee and a hummingbird.



In a month or so I can show you the indie Xbox game I have been working on - it's been really fun so far and I'm working with a super small team of two other ladies and a programmer, so I've been able to be very hands-on and we've all been able to share ideas mutually. Can't ask for better than that! I've been able to do characters, environments and props for this little game, so it's nice to not get too hung up in one area over another ;)

4 comments:

Justin Rodrigues said...

Really love all these designs! The fish especially keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

good to hear.

My favourite is the rooster/dragon one!

Favela said...

beautiful designs!!! and so glad to hear of your Dad's recovery!

Ruby C said...

these are lovely! would u mind to talk a little about your creating process? i like the textures!